Code of conduct
INSIGHT UK is a social movement of the British Hindu and British Indian (BHI) communities. We work on the issues affecting BHI communities through advocacy, awareness and campaign.
This is a practical guide for all those who participate in the activities of INSIGHT UK.
Background to the Guide
We are part of a multicultural and diverse society. INSIGHT UK promotes respect for all regardless of ethnic background, age, gender, health, disability, sexuality, family circumstances and religious/cultural beliefs. This is essential for a harmonious and cohesive society.
Statement of Intent
INSIGHT UK Code of Conduct is guided by the values enshrined in Hindu Dharma.
All members and guests/speakers at/for INSIGHT UK are reminded to adhere to the following values and conduct:
- We are pro-Hindu and pro-India. We are not against any religion or nation.
- Respect for all through thought, speech and action
Actions to Follow
We expect our members to:
- Adhere to and promote the spirit of the INSIGHT UK Code of Conduct.
- Make every effort to correct any deviation of the Code of Conduct at the earliest opportunity.
- Report any criminal activities or gross misconduct to a member of the National Core Team.
- Inform our guests/speakers of the INSIGHT UK Code of Conduct guidelines and request them to adhere to them.